A neat, well-groomed appearance is a reflection of the pride and joy in one’s life as a child of God. Our dress code is designed to create that positive image. Parents are expected to support this standardized dress code in preparing their children for school each day and are responsible for their children’s appropriate dress at all times. This policy is to be observed by students from the time they arrive at school until they are picked up.
Exceptions to the dress code may be made for “special days” that may include, but are not limited to, Spirit Day, National Lutheran School Week, or teacher approved days. The faculty and the Board of Day School Education reserve the right to review the dress code at any time. The faculty reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of student dress and appearance.
- Solid color Polo style shirts, button-up dress shirts, and sweaters.
- Official Our Redeemer T-Shirts/Spirit Wear T-Shirts may be worn on Friday.
- Sweaters - solid color cardigan, crew, and V-neck sweaters are permitted in the classroom. Spirit Wear hoodies are permitted in the classroom. No zipper jackets.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Pants: dress slacks (Black, Navy, or Khaki).
- Shorts: dress shorts (Black, Navy, or Khaki) must reach the length of the fingertips/mid-thigh.
- Skirts/Dresses/Jumpers: (Black, Navy, or Khaki) must reach the length of the fingertips/mid-thigh.
- Pants/shorts with belt loops must be worn with a belt in grades 1-8.
- No flip flops or backless shoes.